Gwandalan Toowoomba Mental Health Carers Hub
27 Blue Hills Drive
Gwandalan is a carer support program of Mental Health Carers Arafmi Queensland.
By carer we mean a person who provides ongoing emotional and practical support to a relative or friend who is living with a mental illness. We assist by providing carers with information, education, activities and support that provides relief from the caring role.
We aim to work with carers to increase confidence, capacity and choices, provide support that will allow carers to better sustain their caring role and improve the wellbeing for families and carers of people with mental illness.
What is Gwandalan like?
Gwandalan is the Indigenous word meaning ‘peace’ or ‘rest’. Gwandalan is a large family home, overlooking the Toowoomba Range. Set in a quiet residential street, it is a tranquil spot with beautiful views. Picnic Point is a short drive away. Gwandalan offers carers the ideal location to take time out and unwind, whether it is for a few hours or several days.
What does Gwandalan offer?
We offer a range of support options for carers that are tailored to the individual carers needs. Supports can include:
· Breaks away from the caring role through out of home retreats
· Social or recreational activities
· Peer support and mentoring
· Practical support to increase physical, emotional and social wellbeing
· Individual counselling
· Information about, or referral to relevant services, groups or activities
· Group sessions aimed at increasing knowledge and skills
· Activities that assist the carer to remain connected with the community
How do people get involved with Gwandalan?
People may refer themselves or can be referred by a family member, friend, health or other professional. Please contact the Manager on 4687 7771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.
4th Tuesday of each month 10.30 - 12.30
4th Thursday of each month 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Call Vivien 4687 7771